Social Energy Concession Terms and Conditions
About this Document
These terms apply to our electricity customers that enter Concession details when signing up or after joining Social Energy, by contacting our support team.
Terms and Conditions
As an electricity customer, by completing and submitting a concession application form, and or providing details in alternate manner, to Social Energy, you:
- acknowledge that you understand all terms and conditions set out in the application process;
- agree that you are the person named in the application form as the applicant and you are the primary account holder for the supply address against your Social Energy electricity supply account;
- agree to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement upon acceptance of the application being notified to you by Social Energy; and
- warrant that all details as completed by you in the application form are true and correct.
Social Energy or our partners are under no obligation to apply concession to your energy account until you have been verified to hold an eligible concession card (and other documentation where applicable) with the relevant state concession scheme.
You provide your consent for:
- Social Energy Australia Pty Ltd to use Centrelink confirmation eServices portal to perform a Centrelink/DVA enquiry of my Centrelink or Department of Veterans’ Affairs customer details and concession card status to enable the business to determine if you qualify for an electricity concession or rebate.
- The Australian Government Department of Human Services to provide the results of that enquiry to Social Energy Australia Pty Ltd
You understand that:
- The Department of Human Services will disclose personal information you have provided to Social Energy Australia Pty Ltd to confirm your eligibility for relevant electricity concession or rebate and will disclose to Social Energy Australia Pty Ltd personal information including your name/address and concession card type and status.
- This consent, once provided, remains valid whilst you are a customer of Social Energy Australia Pty Ltd unless you withdraw it by contacting Social Energy Australia Pty Ltd or Department of Human Services.
- You can get proof of your circumstances/details from Department of Human Services and provide it to Social Energy Australia Pty Ltd so your eligibility for relevant electricity concession or rebate can be determined.
If you withdraw your consent or do not alternatively provide proof of your circumstances/details, you may not be eligible for the electricity concession or rebate
provided by Social Energy Australia Pty Ltd.
You can call 13 14 50 if you require interpreter service